Tuesday, July 8, 2008

NYC

Yesterday I booked a plane ticket for NYC.

I expect to do and try everything I have ever wanted to do in that city. I am going to write, sing, act, play, announce, speak, paint, draw, host, and anything else that crosses my mind. I figure if there is one place to do it, NYC would be it. As Sinatra said, "If I can make it there, I'll make it, anywhere..." I am really excited about this. A little nervous, yes, but with all change comes a bit of nerves, and I've become accustomed to dealing with a little anxiety. The more I do, the more I discover how truly powerful the mind is.

It's easy to say, "yeah, the mind is powerful", but I am under the impression that very few ever actually experience what power lies in their synapses. Why this has not become a grand scientific study could be because not all people have the mental capability to reach such a plateau, thus those that do become hated on because they are different. This is when the mob gets angry and believes that the really powerful minds believe they are better than everyone else(which they might). It's no surprise the ultra-bright are also the ultra-modest(read:Bill Gates), if for no other reason than their own safety. Perhaps the "witches" that were burned in Salem had brains that fit this superior-power label, and thus the masses felt threatened. Just a thought...

Anyway, NYC is going to be a grand adventure. I am looking forward to exploring all that the greatest city in the world has to offer, and to giving everything I have to make it a better city. If you've never read the Alchemist, perhaps you should, but more importantly take this lesson. By constantly being mindful of improving yourself at every juncture, we unknowingly do the same for those around us. Try this, and you will be pleasantly surprised.

Much love,
Zach

1 comment:

Marty said...

Yes when they say its all in your mind. There right.

Vilayanur Ramachandran

Copy that name and Google it there is some of the most amazing findings he has discovered working backwards and studying people who threw various accidents have had damage to their brains. By that he has discovers how the brain works.

If nothing else check out this over view of a lecture he gave. Its on U Tube called Journey to the center of your mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl2LwnaUA-k&feature=related

Remember the Elephant. One of the most powerful animals in the world can be held captive with a rope.

hes only held captive in his mind. The reality is the elephant could be free anytime he wants

Never let that happen to you.

Let me know what you think about this I'm looking for funding and backers to do a series about his discoveries and patients

omarty@bellsouth.net